Having your car battery die can be inconvenient, but a portable jump starter powerbank could help. These devices are small and lightweight so you can keep one in the trunk or hang it from the back of your seat. They also have enough power to jumpstart up to 8 cars that aren’t too old.
The “best portable jump starter powerbanks” is a device that can be used to start a car or charge your phone. It has many features and the price is affordable. Read more in detail here: best portable jump starter 2021.
The PowerBank Guide is made possible by the contributions of its readers. We may get an affiliate commission if you purchase anything after clicking on one of our links.
For automobile or truck owners, portable car jump starts are incredibly useful emergency utility items. If your car’s battery dies (i.e., its charge goes too much below operational voltage), you’ll usually have to contact for roadside assistance to jump start it. You can start your automobile in minutes using a decent and dependable portable car jump starter. Portable auto jump starts are therefore an important piece of emergency equipment to have in your vehicle at all times.
Because portable auto jump starts utilize batteries, they may also be used as emergency power banks. Lithium-ion batteries can hold a charge for months, making Lithium-ion-based auto jump starters great emergency power banks. Just be careful not to drain the batteries too quickly. It’s better to only use your car’s jump starter to charge your phone when it’s absolutely required, so your jump starter doesn’t run out of battery or tries to start) in an emergency.
There are some crucial but less visible must-haves to consider when assessing automobile jump-starters that do not apply to conventional powerbanks. The auditory reverse polarity alert is one of them. If you install the jumper clips in the incorrect sequence, this will notify you. Similarly, high-quality jumper clips are required.
Starting Amps is another key criterion. We determined that 350 beginning amps (700 peak amps) was the absolute minimum for starting automobiles with severely drained batteries reliably. One of the primary reasons we passed on Anker’s PowerCore Jump Starter was because of this. RAVPower’s jump starters also failed to fulfill our requirements. Both Anker and RAVPower create outstanding powerbanks, but vehicle jump starts are a different story, and a power bank car jump starting must be a competent jump starter first and foremost – the usage as a powerbank is secondary and less important.
Another key criterion is the ability to jump start reliably and repeatedly, as well as the ability to keep a charge for an extended period of time. We’ve carefully compiled a list of automobile jump starting powerbanks that meet all of our requirements.
Overall, the best car jump starter power bank
Portable Car Jump Starter Rugged Geek RG2000 Safety 2000A
The RuggedGeek RG2000 2000 Amp Jumpstarter is just 1 pound and about the size of a smartphone.
While there are several temptingly low-cost solutions on the market, the Rugged Geek RG2000 Safety 2000A Portable Car Jump Starter is our top recommendation in terms of dependability, build quality, and functionality. The Rugged Geek RG2000 provides enough 2000 Amp peak current to start even 6.0L engines, as well as a variety of features and attachments that make it a great emergency power bank that can even charge laptops.
The Rugged Geek RG2000 is the lightest jump starting power bank in our selection, at just under 2 pounds. It is 9.5 x 1.4 x 3.8 inches in size. Despite its modest size, it has a massive peak current of 2000 amps, which can reliably start practically all passenger vehicles and SUVs.
It has a maximum USB-C output of 60 watts as a power bank. This implies it can charge all new iPhones (12/11, etc.) from 0 to 60% in 30 minutes, as well as all new Samsung/Moto/Pixel phones that need 25-watt USB-C charging. With a 60-watt USB-C output, it can also charge Macbooks and USB-C laptops.
After being charged, the Rugged Geek RG2000 retains about 80% of its energy for up to a year, making it a charge once and forget emergency gadget.
What We Enjoy: Rugged Geek RG2000
- The battery capacity of 18,000 mah equivalent (66WH) is sufficient for 20 starting attempts.
- The 18,000 mAH battery is ideal for use as a powerbank in an emergency. A full charge of the Samsung iPhone 12/11/XR, S21+, or S20+ uses over 30% of the battery, yet you’ll still get roughly 12 start tries.
- Safe design that is reverse polarity proof
- Car jump starter charger power bank that is very small and light.
- Its large battery makes it ideal for use as a powerbank in an emergency.
- All tiny cars are started with a peak current of 2000 ma.
- Included is a 30-watt USB-C power adapter.
- Given its great power, the 1.94 pound (900 gram) weight is fantastic!
- Two quick chargers Quickcharge All phones may be charged with the 18-watt 3 amp USB connections.
- Two USB-C cables are included.
- Car and wall chargers are included.
- Laptops have a 20V DC direct outlet built in.
- In-built LED flashlight with SOS/Strobe capability and 100 volts of power
- Jumper cables of 8 gauge
- 12 volt cigarette lighter adapter/outlet included
- IP66 is a dust- and water-resistant designation.
What we don’t like
- For chilly weather, there is no need to pre-heat.
Best Powerbank for Jumpstarting a Car (Second Runner Up)
1000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter by NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB40
The Noco GB40 is an excellent automotive jump starter with a splash-resistant, dust-proof construction.
Our second pick for a jump starting powerbank is the NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp jump starter. The NOCO Genius Boost Pluss GB40 has a peak output of 1000 amps (500 amps starting current), which is enough to start any passenger car, gasoline or diesel.
While the NOCO Genius Boost Pluss GB40 shines as a vehicle jump starter, it falls short of our top recommendation due to a lack of convenience features. Its primary flaw is its meager 6400mAh battery, which is barely adequate to charge a current smartphone with enough juice left over for 5-6 fresh start attempts.
On the other hand, it has several remarkable traits that set it distinct. It may, for example, start your car even if the battery voltage has dropped below 2 volts!! Most automobile jump starts won’t work if the voltage is less than 9 volts!
For even more deeply depleted batteries, the NOCO Genius Boost Pluss GB40 offers a manual override mode that allows you to bypass the reverse polarity safety mechanisms and provide a strong 1000 Amps current to wake up deeply discharged batteries.
The NOCO Genius Boost Pluss GB40 is dust and water resistant to IP65 standards (splash proof but not submersion proof)
What We Like
- Size is really little.
- Design that is spark proof and reverse polarity proof.
- Vehicles can be started even if the remaining battery voltage is less than 2 volts.
- Design is dust and splash resistant to IP 65.
- Almost all compact cars can be started with a peak current of 1000 ma.
- For charging cellphones, there are two 2.1 amp USB ports.
- 12V outlet is included.
- A LED flashlight with a brightness output of 100 lumens is useful.
- Excellent design for a jumper clip
What we don’t like
- The internal battery capacity of 6,400 mAh is insufficient for charging devices. Charging a single smartphone, such as the Samsung S8 or S9, would waste about 70% of the battery, leaving the user with just 6-7 tries to activate the device. This effectively implies that the Noco Genius boost is best utilized as a backup powerbank for emergency usage.
- Despite having 1/3rd the battery of our top option, it is more expensive.
- There is no power brick provided. It must be charged via a USB port.
- There is no option to pre-heat the oven.
- There is no 12v outlet.
- The battery status indicator is little more than a four-light display.
- Weight: 2.4 lbs
Best Power Bank for Jumpstarting a Car
Jump Starter and Power Bank DBPower 2000A 20800mAh 12 Volt Lithium
With a stunning red/black appearance, the DBPower 2000A is small and light.
Our next recommendation for the finest Li-ion battery portable jump starter power bank for passenger cars is the DBPower 2000A 20800mAh Jump Starter.
While the DBPower 2000A 20800mAh Jump Starter has a sufficient 2000Amp peak current and does not have all of the bells and whistles of the much more costly jump starters, we found it to be consistently successful in jump starting both gasoline and diesel cars, even V8 engine trucks.
The DBPower 2000A 20800mAh Jump Starter also provides a lot of useful functions. One of them is its outstanding built-in digital display, which accurately displays remaining battery life to 1%. It also has an LED indicator on the jumper wires that shows the output voltage, which is a nice feature.
For emergency usage, the DBPower 2000A 20800mAh Jump Starter incorporates integrated powerful LED lamps with Strobe/SOS features. At full charge, the built-in 20800 mAH battery can power almost 30 start attempts. The DBPower 2000A 20800mAh Jump Starter comes with two USB connections, one of which is a Quickcharge 2.0 connector and the other a 2.1 amp port. This allows it to charge both Android and iPhones quickly.
The quality of the jumper clips and the enclosure reflects the tough construction quality. This product is backed by DBPower 2000A 20800mAh Jump Starter’s excellent customer service and warranty, which seals the bargain.
The DBPower 2000A 20800mAh Jump Starter does not come with a charger and must be charged using any smartphone charger through the USB-C connector.
What We Like: DBPower 2000A 20800mAh Jump Starter
- For several tries, a battery with a capacity of 20800 mah is necessary. This is enough for over 30 tries.
- The USB-C connector may be used to charge the device. Nowadays, most Android phones come with USB-C chargers. It also comes with a USB-C connection that can be used to charge it using iPhone chargers.
- Protection against polarity reversal
- Its large battery makes it ideal for use as a power bank in an emergency.
- Almost all tiny cars start with a peak current of 2000A.
- The weight of 1.4 lbs is reasonable.
- One QuickCharge 3.0 USB port for charging Samsung/LG/Moto phones quickly from 0% to 50% in 30 minutes.
- One 2.1 amp USB charging port for charging iPhones from zero to 50% in 40-60 minutes.
- A powerful LED flashlight with strobe and SOS modes is included.
What we don’t like
- There is no vehicle charger port for charging it straight from a car or boat battery.
Watch This Video-
The “Costco jump starter” is a portable car jump starter that can be purchased at Costco. The device has a power capacity of 1600 watts and can charge 4 devices simultaneously. Reference: costco jump starter.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many amps should a portable jump starter have?
A: For safety, it is recommended that you should have a jump starter with 1 to 2 amps. This will ensure your battery does not die before you are ready and also give your car enough power for an emergency drive home or get help in a remote area.
How many Mah do you need to jumpstart a car?
A: A Mah is a unit of measurement for batteries. It has no relation to jumping cars.
Are portable jump starters worth it?
- best portable jump starter 2020
- portable jump starter reviews
- best jump starter with air compressor
- best jump starter for diesel
- jump starter pack