If you are looking to reset your Fitbit Versa, this is the guide for you.
If your Fitbit Versa is not working properly, you may need to factory reset the device. This process will delete all data from the device and reinstall all apps.
Fitbit is a digital health and fitness company based in the United States that has released a number of smart wearables, including trackers and smartwatches, the most current of which are the Fitbit Sense and Versa 3. These gadgets basically record your everyday actions, such as step counts, sleep hours, and calories burned.
A factory reset or hard reset restores the device’s original operating system. It does so by erasing all previously saved data. If the problems persist after restarting and syncing the watch, or if you wish to sell or exchange it, a factory reset is a feasible alternative.
Also see: How can I reactivate my Fitbit Versa?
Your Fitbit smartwatch’s factory reset is done via the Settings menu. The procedure is the same for all Fitbit smartwatch models, including the Ionic, Versa, and Sense.
Reset your Fitbit gadget to factory settings (Versa 3 shown above)
- Scroll to the bottom of the Settings app on your watch.
- Select About from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Factory Reset.
- In the popup box, choose the Yes/Reset/Confirm option.
When you choose Yes, the device will be reset automatically.
Read also: How can I adjust the time on my Fitbit Versa?
A hard reset is another option if the screen stops working correctly or the factory reset option is unavailable. In the case of a smartwatch, a hard reset works in the same manner as a factory reset, but with the hardware or buttons.
Fitbit Sense, Versa 3, Versa 2, Versa Lite, Versa Ionic, and Versa Blaze all use the same hard reset procedure.
- For approximately 10-15 seconds, or until the Fitbit logo displays, press and hold the single button on the left side panel.
- When the Fitbit logo displays, release the button.
The procedure is somewhat different in the case of a Fitbit Versa.
- Hold all three buttons down for approximately 10-15 seconds, or until you see the Fitbit logo.
- While holding down the other two buttons, release the bottom right button.
- Once you feel a powerful vibration, release all buttons.
Ideally, when the watch reboots, you should be asked to set up the device. If no such prompt appears, go back to the watch settings and attempt the normal Factory reset option.
Also see how to update your Fitbit Versa.
It is always advised to remove the device from the app and conduct a factory reset if you intend on disposing of, exchanging, or returning the smartwatch.
Step 1: Open the Fitbit online application and log in.
To use the web application, go here.
Step 2: Choose the device you want to get rid of — Versa 3.
Choose a device.
Step 3: Select the device by clicking on its name.
Select the device by clicking on its name.
Step 4: Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Remove the Versa 3 from your account from the drop-down menu.
Remove the Versa 3 from your account by clicking Remove the Versa 3 from your account.
Step 5: In the dialogue box, choose Remove.
Click Remove in the prompt to confirm.
The Fitbit Versa 3 has now been successfully deleted from the account.
Using a mobile application to remove the device
The Fitbit gadget may also be removed through the mobile app.
- To access the Account settings, click the top left circular icon.
- Select the device you want to get rid of – Versa 3.
- In the device details, click the bin in the upper right corner.
- In the popup, choose Unpair.
The gadget has been removed successfully.
Also see: What Happens When You Reset Your Android or iOS Network Settings?
An engineering student, a creative geek, a TT player, and a voracious reader.
If you’re looking for a way to factory reset your Fitbit Versa, then you’ll need to remove the back cover and battery. Reference: factory reset fitbit versa 3.
- how to factory reset fitbit versa without phone
- how to factory reset fitbit versa lite
- factory reset fitbit charge 2
- factory reset fitbit charge 3
- factory reset fitbit charge 4